Have you recently purchased a Microsoft Office product and wondering how to register or link it with your Microsoft account? Well, in that case, you should not get worried about doing this because this instructional guideline is going to help you. To register your product with your Microsoft account, it is important to go to office.com/setup and create a new Microsoft account.
However, if you already have a Microsoft account, you do not need to create a new account in order to register the Microsoft product that you have purchased.
In fact, if you do not have an account and you do not want to create a new account beforehand, then also you can begin with the registration process. In that case, you shall be asked to sign up for a new Microsoft account during the registration procedure.
Here's how to register your product
After successfully installing the Microsoft product on your device, you can proceed with the product registration procedure by following the steps that are mentioned in the section below:
- First, open one of the preferred Microsoft applications on your PC
- Now, you need to click on the "Help" option
- Followed by this, select "Activate Product"
- Then, click on the "Activate by using the Internet" option
- From the available drop-down choose your country and click "OK"
- Wait for the communication process to complete
- As soon as the process completes, you will see a confirmation on your screen
- Click on the "Ok" option on this message prompt
- Now, your screen will display a form which you need complete
- In the end, you just have to submit the application form
During the process, you will be asked to share your office.com/setup account login credentials. You do not need to re-apply these steps for each Microsoft Office product you have on your device. This is because this process needs to be done once only for one of the Office apps you have and the rest of the apps will get activated automatically.
Whether you have a single Office product such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, or a complete Office suite, you need to activate or register it at office.com/setup. Therefore, it is essential that you read through this post carefully, bookmark it, and learn the complete Microsoft Office registration process.