Delta Airlines understand that a passenger might have to cancel or make a change to their flight due to certain circumstances. This is why they have a cancellation policy created for the benefit of the customers. The policy address all the terms and conditions under which one can make changes or cancel their flight. They have also mentioned under what conditions someone is liable to pay a cancelation fee or claim a refund. Before getting into details of Delta Airlines Flight change and cancelation policy, we want you to know how you can make a change or cancel your flight. Raed the article to know every step you need to follow to make the process happen.
How to change or cancel a Delta Air Lines flight
To cancel a pre-booked flight or make changes to your flight, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Visit the official website of the airline.
- There, head to the Manage Booking option and click on that.
- Now, enter the details you are asked for: your last name and the confirmation code of the booking. The airline must have emailed you the code at the time of the booking.
- Your booking details will appear on your screen.
- Then, you need to get the options and select cancel flight or change flight option.
- In case you are canceling your flight, the airline will direct you to the payment page, where you will have to pay the cancellation fee (if any).
- Under the condition when you are making a change to your flight, the other flights available for your journey will appear on your screen.
- You can now choose the flight of your choice and head to the payment page, where you will have to pay the difference between the two flights if the cost of the new flight is more than the canceled flight.
- In case the cost of the canceled flight is more, the airline will credit you the difference in your airline account, which you can use for your future bookings.
- If you are eligible for a refund according to the cancellation policy of the airline, you can fill the refund form available at the Contact Us option on their website.
No matter if you are canceling or changing a group reservation or Delta unaccompanied minor reservation, the process and the policy remains the same under all type of tickets. If you want to read the policy, it is available on the website of airline.