The printer failure error message on the control panel will be stated as "There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn the printer off, then on. If the problem persists, contact HP". After this error message, you won't be able to print documents.
In this article, we have shared the reasons behind the hp printer failure error. Furthermore, we have recommended the top 3 solutions to fix this error.
Reasons behind HP printer failuremessage
- Use of bogus ink cartridges
- Refilled cartridges
- Overfilled paper tray
- Incompatible ink cartridge
- Dried ink or blockages
- Newly installed cartridge
Solutions to fix HP printer failure message
 Examine and clean the hindrance in the carriage path
Clear any obstruction found in the carriage area of the printer.
- Ensure that your printer is ON. Now you need to eject the power cable from the rear side of the printer.
- Next, open the door to access the carriage area inside the printer.
- Check for any crumpled paper, dislodged labels in the carriage path, and then remove them.
- With the help of your hands move the carriage in both directions to make sure it moves freely.
- Now close the carriage access door.
- Reconnect the power cable to the printer and to the wall outlet.
- Now turn ON your printer if the problem persists then follow the next solution.
 Reset your HP Printer
Resetting the hp printer may resolve printer failure errors on the control panel.
- Firstly, disconnect the power cable from the rear end of the printer while the printer is turned ON.
- Now unplug the power cable from the power source.
- Next, you have to wait for at least 90 seconds.
- Now reconnect the power cord to the power socket and also with the printer.
- If the problem remains there then follow the next solution.
 Check ink levels of the cartridges
There are times with low ink levels that may lead to printer failure error messages. So check your printer cartridges level. If you found any cartridge empty then replace it with a new one.
Note: HP suggests using only genuine HP ink cartridges for your printer. Because non-HP ink cartridges may lead to this error frequently.